Tuesday 31 May 2011

What I've learned so far....

So it's been three months since Logan left on his mission. To many people that may be a surprise that it has been so long already. To me... it feels like it's already been a lifetime.


So during the past three months I've learned a great deal of things. I figure what is the point of going through a trial if I'm not going to take anything away from it. So here is my list of what I have learned from having Logan be gone on his mission, and me waiting for him. (oh and p.s. if you haven't noticed already, I really really like making lists hehe) 


1. Despite what everyone has told me, it doesn't go by fast...not one bit. It feels like years since I've seen him. 
2. When it all comes down to it, family is your best friend through everything.
3. Having a missionary isn't a contest. Although many girls seem to treat it that way. Its just like any other relationship, everyone is different, but it's still a relationship.
4.  Time doesn't make the missing go away. It just changes it. Who knew there were so many different ways to miss someone. And sometimes I feel like each one is harder than the last. (and yes three months down the road still sucks just as bad if not worse than the first month)
4.5 It's lots more fun to listen to missionary stories and makes a HUGE difference when I immerse myself and learn the names and all about the people he teaches and is helping. 
5. Logan didn't magically change into a different person when he went into the MTC. He is still the same old Logan I fell in love with. (and I'm very very grateful for that lol)
6. The mailman is possibly one of my favorite people alive. I am very dependent on his job nowadays. 
7. It is possible to still have fights over letters lol. I wouldn't recommend it though. It takes way to long to resolve problems. plus by the time you hear back you've completely forgotten why it ever came up. Email is a better medium if you feel like discussing problems. 
8. We all have times in our life where we are super lonely. I now know why people always tell you to go sit next to the person sitting all alone at the lunch table. One person does a lot for another's self esteem. 
9. A tiny memory chip with a voice recording is better than any jewelry, gift, or food :) . 
9.3/4 I've learned that so many days are taken for granted in our lives. Cherish the moments before they are only just a memory. 
10. You can put as many postage stamps on a letter as you like, but it will still take the exact same amount of time whether it is 2 stamps or 6 stamps. 
11. Watching sports just isn't the same without Logan there. 
11:11 It's SUPER important to always be completely honest. I hope to always maintain a strong trust between the two of us. I will never lie or keep secrets. It's not worth it. 
12. Memories are the essence of love. The best way to preserve a relationship is to reflect on and create great memories for the future. Me and Logan share a memory every single letter and they are always the bestest parts to read. **Smile**
13. I've learned patience, patience and more patience. I laugh at how I used to get mad at the poor boy for taking 5 minutes to respond to a text message, or 20 minutes to finally make it over to my house.  Those were the days. 
14.  I've learned to greatly appreciate the words of 2 Nephi 2:11.  "For it must needs be, that there is an aopposition in all things."For if it wasn't for these hard long days apart, we wouldn't find the days together nearly as special. For no happiness would be known without misery.
15. Last but not least, I've learned that it doesn't matter whether Logan is a million miles away or just up the street. It doesn't matter if I talk to him every 5 minutes or once a month. We can still have the most awesome fun, crazy, adorable, loving, amazing relationship. It's all about our attitudes. Yes this isn't ideal situation, but that doesn't mean it can't still be a wonderful time. 
As long as we have each other


Missionaries are SOOOOOOOO amazing!!!! I'm so proud that he could go and so impressed at the sacrifices that he was willing to make. Yup I have the cutest boyfriend ever!!!!! I hope to keep learning lots and lots more.

No comments:

Post a Comment